The YJ Trail Runner System is perfect for those looking to get the most out of your Wrangler. The wheelbase is stretched to 102". This is accomplished by an approximate 2" front stretch and 6" rear stretch greatly improving approach and departure angles. This wheel base, combined with the multi link design and tuned coilovers, makes your YJ great for just about all off-road conditions as well as street use. The sport tuned 14" travel front and rear 2 5/8 RRD Racing Coilovers provide great on road ride and off-road performance. Like all of our RRD products, they are full adjustable and tunable. The rear coil overs are frenched into the frame ahead of the axle enhancing the off-road ability even further, much like an off-road race vehicle! The approximate lift height supplied is 4.5" over stock and is adjustable of course. Please make sure to review the requirements for the system and proper fitment before purchasing in the notes below.
- Amazing Off-Road Ability
- Excellent Highway Ride and Handling
- Low COG Suspension Design
- Lower Control Arms made from 2 inch OD 7/16 inch wall DOM
- DIY front upper third link arm made 1.75 inch .120 wall DOM steel tubing w/ weld In bungs
- Independent Three Link Front End
- Rear Triangulated 4 Link
- 1/4 inch Thick Steel Skid Plate and Long Arm Mounting Brackets
- Weld on Rear Cradle
- 14 inch Travel 2.625 RRD Racing Coilovers Front and Rear
- 2" Front Stretch w/ 6" Rear Stretch
- 37"/38" Tall Tires with Flat Fenders
- Up to 40" Tall Tires with High Line Kits
- See Requirements for System Use Below
- (4) Tuned 2.625 RRD coilover shock assemblies
- (4) Double-adjustable lower control arms
- (2) Front frame side long arm mounts
- (1) Cross-member assembly made from .25 inch thick laser cut steel
- (1) Front upper third link arm
- (2) Rear upper control arms
- (1) Rear frame stiffener/cross member
- (2) Front frame side coilover mounts
- (2) Front axle side coilover mounts
- (2) Rear frame side coilover mounts
- (2) Rear axle side coilover mounts
- (1) Weld on rear axle truss
- Requires minimum of 65 WMS (JK width) with 3.5 inch backspace wheels or minimum of 67 WMS with 4.5 inch backspace wheels.
- Requires a SYE with C.V. driveshaft.
- With long rear uppers, a custom cat back exhaust is required.
- Hydraulic bump stops and limit straps recommended.
- Steering geometry sold separately and based on axle configuration and availability (i.e. track bars, drop pitman arms, drag links, tie rods etc.)
- Long travel sway bars are recommended for at least the rear.
- Requires rear fuel tank conversion such as Gen Right Comp Tank.
- Flat fenders or high line conversion recommended up front. Stretch corners recommended for the rear.
- Requires and engine hoop support be fabbed to support front coil over mounts side to side after installation.
- Fabrication skills and suspension setup knowledge required.