The RRD 2.625 inch Race Bypass Shock's fluted aluminum body gives the advantage of weight reduction without sacrificing strength. Which not only make this shock the lightest in its class, it also provides a surface area greater than most 3 inch bodied shocks. The fluting provides the structure required to ensure the aluminum cylinders are as strong, if not stronger than their steel 2.5 inch counterparts. The shock bodies are also treated with a military grade hard anodized coating so you never have to worry about corrosion. A high quality DU bearing provides the bearing surface for the massive 1 inch polished Nitrobrite Steel shaft. And unlike chrome plated shafts these precipitation hardened stainless steel shafts are bare so you never have to worry about pitting or flaking potentially destroying the seals. While a military grade hard anodized billet aluminum valve circuit with digressive valving controls the dampening, redundant sealing technology that utilizes a mix of Viton and Buna O-Rings and seals keep the shock oil where is belongs. The shock oil is formulated for fade-free dampening and smooth rebounds. Its high viscosity index and shear stability controls shock fade. This with a custom moly piston wear band greatly reduces shock body wear. The 3 bypass tubes are machined for one compression adjuster, one rebound adjuster, and one free bleed adjuster. Custom applications are available.
All these features combine to make the RRD 2.625 inch Race Bypass Shock a fraction of the weight of the competitions 2.5 inch steel body counterparts and cool twice as fast for fade resistant performance. And all RRD Shocks come with a 6 month Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- 3 Tube Externally Adjustable Shock
- 2.625 inch O.D. Fluted Aluminum Shock Body
- 3.25 inch Remote Reservoir
- Military Grade Hard Anodized Surface
- Cooling Surface Area of a 3.0 Bypass
- 1.0 inch Nitrobrite Shaft Material
- Military Grade Hard Anodized Aluminum Valve Circuit
- Billet Aluminum Valve Components
- Internal Floating Piston in External Reservoir
- Dual Shaft Bearings and Double Redundant Sealing Methods
- The shock valving is a standard 60/40 split similar to most other manufacturers. Valving is also similar in selection!
- All RRD 2.625 inch Remote Reservoir Shocks have bushings with a clevis mounting width of 1 9/16 and a 1/2" inch bore both top and bottom.
- 1 1/4" inch mounting width spherical bearings with a 1/2 inch bore can be ordered for an additional charge!
- (00) Zero valving or no shims
- (30) Light valving
- (40) Light-Medium valving
- (50) Medium valving
- (60) Medium-Firm valving
- (70) Firm valving
- (80) Extra Firm valving
- (90) Hard valving
When ordering the first number is always your compression dampening and the second number is your rebound dampening! For example a 40/60 valved shock would be a shock that is Light-Medium in compression dampening and Medium-Firm in rebound dampening. Custom hose options and top cap clocking available. Please specify when ordering.
The available shock lengths are as follows:
Please choose your shock length and valving appropriately. Please note; a separate or solid bump stop is strongly advised and always use a limiting strap to prevent from over extending your shock! This will ensure a long life for your shock. If you have any questions or need any help please give us a call. Our trained staff will be more than happy to help you out to ensure you get the right shock for you.